Assessments for Consumers and Social Media course:
1. Blog or Article Assignment: 10%
Purpose: to show that you are able to engage with an audience on a topic they are passionate about and demonstrate empathy for the audience.
A blog is defined as “a regular feature appearing as part of an online publication that typically relates to a particular topic and consists of articles and personal commentary by one or more authors.”
Blog posts are:
● Written in first person
● A collection of thoughts or expertise on a variety of topics
● Inclusive of links, pictures, videos
● Accessible online for free for the public
● Searchable in search engines
● Open for reader engagement through comments, likes and shares
Blog on topic of your choosing such as digital marketing, social media marketing, personal story. Publish via LinkedIn or on a your own blog site.
Blog posts should:
● be 400-1,000 words in length
● have a compelling title
● use relevant keywords, images and hyperlinks
● be original, well-crafted and well-informed
Submit your assignment with links to the published posts placed in a Word
document and posted in the assignment dropbox.
2. Expert Session: 20%
Purpose: To inform yourself of expert opinions on engaging audiences in the social/digital realm and to apply that learning directly to your client.
● There are expert sessions associated with each chapter of the book featuring social media marketing experts. Watch each of the expert sessions then choose one that is most informative to you.
● Prepare a written business paper that answers the following:
Content summary of the session – what are key take-aways you need to know and remember from the session you chose.
o How might this content be relevant to your client – provide an informed opinion based on what you have learned.
o How you plan to incorporate what you learned into your plan – be specific.
3. Mimic Social Simulation: 30% – due weeks #2, #3, #4, #5, #6
The Mimic Social Media simulation will give students a taste of what it is like to run a social media marketing campaign for a business. Students will be responsible to do two rounds every week from week #2 – week #6
4. Final Project: 15% – due week #8
Create a social media plan and summary of recommendations for your client. This will include smart goals, a content strategy and a social media
content calendar as evidence of your understanding of the principles of this course.