Enabling Objective: Analyze Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, identify their targeted users and how they reach diverse audiences
- Absorb Activity: Readings/ Discussion Forum
- Read Chapters 7 – 9 in Essentials of Social Media Marketing. Charello, Michelle (2019). Essentials of Social Media Marketing. This is only available as an e-book, there is not a print version available. You can find it here: https://www.stukent.com/essentials-of-social-media-marketing/
- As you read the book be thinking about the following question: Which social media platform do you feel most comfortable using?
- Do Activity: Write a blog post (Present findings to
- The purpose of this blog activity is to show that you are able to engage with an audience on a topic they are passionate about and demonstrate empathy for the audience. A blog is defined as “a regular feature appearing as part of an online publication that typically relates to a particular topic and consists of articles and personal commentary by one or more authors” (Merriam-Webster Dictionary). Blog posts should be:
● Written in first person
● A collection of thoughts or expertise on a variety of topics
● Inclusive of links, pictures, videos
● Searchable in search engines
● Open for reader engagement through comments, likes and shares
- You will be responsible for writing a blog on your analysis of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, identifying their targeted users and how they reach diverse audiences
- Publish via your LinkedIn account as a LinkedIn published article or publish on your own student blog site.
● Posts should be 400-1,000 words in length
● Have a compelling title
● Use relevant keywords, images and hyperlinks
● Be original, well-crafted and well-informed
● Your deliverable will be links to the published post placed on a Word document and uploaded to the assignment box.
- Connect Activity: Research, create and explain to a client
how you’ve chosen one of these social media platforms to impact their audience.
- Create a social media plan and summary
of recommendations for your client. Include the following in your summary:
- Smart goals
- Content strategy
- A Social media content calendar as evidence of your understanding of the principles of this activity.
- Create a social media plan and summary of recommendations for your client. Include the following in your summary: